Full Time (35hrs p/wk), Permanent
Hybrid working: 2 days in office p/wk at Wembley (HA9), rest working from home
National travel: a few days a month
Due to an internal promotion, we are looking for a high-performing experienced Sales Manager with people management skills and aligned strong account management experience, with the drive and ambition to progress your career, within one of our firmly established business units as the Sales Manager, with the very real opportunity of progressing to managing your own business unit.
You will be responsible for maximising the sales and profit growth potential through effective sales team management, hands-on and effective customer relationship management, identifying opportunities, target setting, creating strategic plans and the implementation of effective strategies and solutions.
Casio is the clear market leader in this product category so this is a great opportunity for someone with proven experience within (preferably) non-food retail consumer durables, education or B2B office channels to join a category leading business.
We’re looking for a confident, credible, engaging, committed and loyal individual with a continuous improvement mentality that will drive forward the business over the mid-longer term.
About the Role:
How you will fit in the company…
As a Sales Manager, you will be responsible for growing the business by identifying profitable opportunities in order to meet the company’s long-term plans. You must be confident and persuasive, possessing excellent communication and negotiation skills. Ultimately, you are able to grow our business and increase sales by building and maintaining successful, long-term client relationships.
Our ideal candidate has a drive for achieving and exceeding goals while maintaining a great customer experience. We also expect you to suggest forward-thinking ideas to not only manage but also promote our brand to achieve business goals.
You must be self-motivated, well organised and able to analyse performance metrics. We also expect you to have strong negotiation skills and the ability to foster positive relationships with customers.
What you’ll be expected to do…
- Achieve growth and hit sales and profit targets
- Design, develop and implement strategic business plans aimed at maximising business growth.
- Setting sales plans and managing their achievement through the sales team
- Identify and generate new business within existing and new customer networks
- Own the recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of the sales team
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports, sharing upward realistic forecasts with the management team
- Direct hands-on account management of select strategic customers.
- Analyse and fully understand the market, including challenges and opportunities. Provide regular reporting on the status of the accounts and the wider market.
- Monitor, analyse and report on sales and profit metrics with suggested improvements (e.g. quarterly sales results and monthly/annual forecasts)
- Suggest actions to improve sales performance and identify opportunities for growth
- Generate innovative ideas to support customers, boost brand awareness, grow the business and ensure brand consistency
- Organise meetings with the sales team to ensure all members are on board and deliver within deadlines
- Analyse stock and sales, and forecast customer purchase/demand planning
- Negotiate customer trading terms effectively and create/update contracts
- Work with the Marketing team to set and implement strategies for new products
What you will need…
- Recent proven work experience as a strong senior sales person i.e. Sales Manager / Senior National Account Manager / Country Manager / Head of Sales / Channel Manager, consistently meeting or exceeding sales and profit targets
- Min 5 years of sales experience with proven results in achieving sales and profit targets
- Min 2 years of direct proven experience successfully managing, leading, developing, motivating & supporting sales personnel/account managers
- Min 2 years of proven experience in successfully directly managing key and/or national account accounts with joint customer planning
- Min 2 years’ experience in direct P&L management/ownership with a good understanding of profit margins and customer profitability
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation and externally with customers
- Excellent analytical skills with an in-depth understanding of forecasting, profits and sales performance metrics, with strong commercial awareness, eye for detail and understanding of the numbers
- An ability to manage and deliver multiple projects and answers to queries on time
- Highly proficient with Excel and have a high level of numeracy
- Highly proficient with MS PowerPoint and able to create effective presentations
- Business acumen with a problem-solving attitude and ability
- Results orientated, hands-on and focused on achieving set targets and KPIs
- An active team player, able to work both independently and in a team-orientated, collaborative environment
- Full UK driving licence
Desirable (not essential):
- BS/MS degree in business administration or a related field
- Experience managing large multiple national accounts
- Experience & understanding of managing accounts with a significant online presence
What’s in it for you…
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Competitive Salary
- Fantastic healthcare benefits from Day One: Private Medical Insurance via BUPA, Permanent Health Insurance, Medicash Health Plan
- Death in Service (4x salary)
- Excellent non-contributory Pension Scheme, up to 14%**
- Employee Discount, up to 50%**
- Anytime access to retail discounts at 200+ retailers (Reward Gateway)
- Anytime access to personal development and training courses via LinkedIn Learning and eConsultancy
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join our team!
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining your suitability for the role; highlighting key achievements in line with the job description.
We positively encourage applications for our roles from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates and are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or caring responsibilities.
If you require us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please get in contact with us.