London, 31st March 2014, Casio Electronics Irish Distributor, CBE, Ireland’s largest EPoS supplier, was delighted to be presented with a ‘Gold Award’ at the Product of the Show Awards at IFEX 2014. The accolade was achieved for the integration with PayPal on the Casio V-R100 AndroidTM EPoS terminal.
Using PayPal’s “check-in” functionality in the PayPal app (currently available in the UK) the customer can seamlessly pay for goods or services with the transaction automatically processed on the Casio AndroidTM EPoS system. With the continued rise in smartphone and tablet users, mobile payment applications are becoming much more popular within the retail and hospitality industries.
The benefits of mobile payments include:
- Offers speed of service in busy retail and hospitality outlets
- Saves time and money for both the customer and the retailer
- The customer does not need to carry cash or cards to pay for items
- Full PayPal integration to the CBE Casio PoS Solution
- The money is automatically debited from the customers PayPal account and credited to the Merchants account
- Eliminates cash handling at the point of sale
- Improves customer loyalty
- Provides a unique competitive advantage for a business over their competitors
The prestigious Product of the Show awards aim to discover the greatest products, services and business solutions in the industry today. The awards were judged by an independent panel of experts who were looking for all-round excellence. The award highlighted the most innovative and high-quality product among the exhibitors in the technology category.
Commenting on the award, John Henry, CBE Sales Director; explained that they were delighted with the achievement “CBE, along with our partners Casio and PayPal, are thrilled and delighted to accept this award. Mobile payments are the next ‘big-thing’ within the point of sale industry and once again CBE are leading the way in innovation within the UK and Ireland”.
IFEX is Northern Ireland’s largest showcase of food & drink products, catering equipment, interiors and technology to the hospitality sector. Held in Belfast from 11-14th March it received over 5,000 visitors.