Casio Expands Range of Laser & LED Hybrid Light Source Projectors
Short Throw, Pro and Signature families offer up to 3500 ANSI lumens and long-life mercury-free light source29 March 2011
LONDON, March 29, 2011 - Casio Electronics Co. Ltd., today announced an expanded range of projectors, including two new Short Throw projectors, two high-brightness products in the Pro range and nine Signature models.
The range consists of three distinct families of projectors: the Short Throw, Pro and Signature. Equipped with Casio's own environmentally friendly Laser & LED Hybrid Light Source, this new range of projectors delivers high-brightness projection at up to 3500 ANSI lumens, and some models can be conveniently placed within 1 metre of the display surface.
After listening to feedback from customers and markets that regularly use AV equipment - in particular the education sector - Casio has developed a new range projectors to solve common problems found in meetings rooms and classrooms everywhere. With space often at a premium, Casio's XJ-ST145 & XJ-ST155 Short Throw projectors offer the greatest versatility while the Laser & LED Hybrid Light Source helps keeps total cost of ownership low. The bright Pro series 3500 ANSI lumens models are ideal for projecting in rooms with considerable levels of ambient light.
The unique Casio Laser & LED Hybrid Light Source delivers a
consistently bright performance for the life of the projector and,
with a life expectancy of approximately 20,000 hours, it eliminates
the need for expensive replacement lamps. The Laser & LED
Hybrid Light Source also powers on and off quickly, as Casio knows
that 'instant on' is an important productivity feature in the
business and education worlds.
The full range of new Casio projectors also features a number of practical functions such as Intelligent Brightness Control, which automatically adjusts the brightness to suit the ambient lighting conditions, the ability to project 3D images, and a full range of connectivity options, including HDMI, and on selected models: LAN Ethernet interface, wireless connectivity, including direct links to a smartphone or iPad, and USB for PC-free presentations. Some models also enable interaction with presentations using Casio's Interactive Pointer, reducing the need for expensive interactive whiteboards.
The Signature, Short Throw and Pro ranges will be available from Summer 2011.
- Mercury-free Laser & LED Hybrid Light Source that enables high-brightness projection with long life and quick powering on and off
- Short throw projection: ideal for classrooms and small meeting rooms, where the closer position of the projector greatly reduces the problems of glare and presenter shadowing experienced with standard throw projectors
- Intelligent Brightness Control that automatically adjusts the brightness level to suit environmental lighting conditions
- Presentations can be given in 3D using DLP 3D projection*1
- Interface is equipped with three types of video and audio inputs as well as HDMI, RGB, and RS-232 terminals
- LAN interface (XJ-M145, XJ-M155, XJ-M245, XJ-M255, XJ-ST145, XJ-ST155, XJ-H1650)
- Wireless interaction using a smartphone*2, PC or iPad (XJ-M145, XJ-M155, XJ-M245, XJ-M255, XJ-ST145, XJ-ST155, XJ-H1650)
- Interactive Pointing function enables control of a PC by pointing at the screen*3 (XJ-ST145, XJ-ST155 & XJ-H1650)
- Presentations can be given without a PC, using the USB 2.0 Host function (XJ-M145, XJ-M155, XJ-M245, XJ-M255, XJ-ST145, XJ-ST155, XJ-H1650)
To view 3D projection requires Casio's 3D
Glasses for Casio Projector, sold separately. 3D projection is not
possible using the HDMI input terminal.
*2. For use with smartphones capable of wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11 b/g) and installed with MobiShow software.
*3. This function requires Casio's Interactive Pointer, sold separately.
Main Features of Casio's Short Throw, Pro and Signature Ranges
Laser & LED Hybrid Light Source:
Brighter for longer
The Laser & LED Hybrid Light Source greatly improves colour purity compared to high-pressure mercury lamps and increases the light source life to approximately 20,000 hours - nearly 10 times that of conventional products equipped with a mercury lamp. The mercury-free system is kinder to the environment and results in lower maintenance costs over the lifetime of the projector. Moreover, this unique light source delivers a consistent brightness over time, ensuring that image quality is maintained over the life of the projector.
Quick powering on and off
Projection at maximum brightness is possible in eight seconds, and no cool down is needed when turning the projector off.
Intelligent Brightness Control
The projectors feature an Intelligent Brightness Control that utilises built-in light sensors to automatically adjust the brightness level of the projection to suit the lighting conditions in the surrounding environment. This minimises power consumption by using no more than the level of brightness actually required.
DLP® 3D projection
The projectors can display 3D images* created with Casio 3D Converter software (sold separately), and viewable using 3D Glasses for Casio Projector (also sold separately).
* 3D projection is not possible using the HDMI input terminal.
Fully connectable interface
Every new model is fitted with RGB input, video input, HDMI and RS-232C terminals. The Pro models of the XJ-H series and the Short Throw models of the XJ-ST series come with two types of RGB inputs and an RGB output. There is also a LAN cable port on the wireless communication models, the XJ-H1650, XJ-ST155, XJ-ST145, XJ-M255, XJ-M245, XJ-M155, and XJ-M145.
Wireless communication with smartphones and computers
(XJ-H1650, XJ-ST155, XJ-ST145, XJ-M255, XJ-M245, XJ-M155, and
Wireless presentations can be made using smartphones and other mobile devices equipped with wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11 b/g) and MobiShow® software* installed, and, of course, computers with the same wireless LAN capabilities.
* MobiShow® software is available in versions for AndroidTM, Apple OS, and Windows Mobile®. The type of files that can be used in wireless presentations may be limited depending on the operating system used.
USB 2.0 Host function (XJ-H1650, XJ-ST155, XJ-ST145,
XJ-M255, XJ-M245, XJ-M155, and XJ-M145)
Show your presentation without a computer. Simply connect a USB memory stick directly to the projector's USB port and you can instantly display presentations, spreadsheets, word-processor documents, PDF files, and other data*, including still images in JPEG and BMP formats, and moving images in Motion JPEG AVI format.
* Files must be converted using the PC software included with the projector and available for download on Casio websites.
Interactive Pointer (XJ-H1650,
XJ-ST155, and XJ-ST145)
By using Casio's Interactive Pointer (sold separately), a connected PC can be operated by pointing at the projection screen. It is also possible to write on screen with this function when used in conjunction with Presentation Draw software, which comes bundled with the Interactive Pointer.
- MobiShow is a registered trademark of AWIND Inc in Taiwan and/or other countries
- Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
- Apple iOS is a trademark of Apple Inc.
- Windows Mobile is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries
- DLP is a registered trademark of Texas Instruments of the United States. Digital Light Processing is a trademark of Texas Instruments of the United States.
- MobiShow is a registered trademark of AWIND Inc in Taiwan and/or other countries.
- XGA is a registered trademark of International Business Machines Corporation of the United States.
- High-Definition Multimedia Interface is a trademark or registered trademark of HDMI Licensing, LLC.
- Other company and product names are generally registered trademarks or trademarks of the respective companies.