Casio Releases Industrial PDA Designed to Support Information Sharing at Workplaces
Compact Communication Terminal with Intuitive Operation16 December 2010
LONDON, December 16, 2010 - Casio Electronics Co. Ltd., announced today that it will release the IT-300 industrial personal digital assistant (PDA) at the end of February 2011. The IT-300 is a stylish, compact device that has been designed for easy, intuitive operation. Innovative touchscreen technology means that information is accessible with a simple touch of the finger on the screen, making it the perfect device for use in retail outlets and the healthcare sector.
Casio has developed a portable, easy-to-operate industrial PDA, and equipped it with IEEE 802.11b/g standard wireless LAN compatible with WPA2 security standards. This enables information to be shared by teams of staff members that are constantly on the move.
With a thickness of just 19.6mm the IT-300 is compact enough to fit into a shirt pocket. The unit's 9.4-centimeter (3.7-inch), VGA (480x640 dots) Blanview® LCD is a capacitive touch panel, which allows users to turn pages and zoom in and out at the touch of a finger when using the Web browser or built-in document viewer, which is compatible with various types of formats including PDF and Microsoft® Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint®. These features make the IT-300 useful not only for information sharing, but also for developing employees' knowledge and skills through e-learning.
Along with basic capabilities such as e-mail transmission and video playback in MPEG-4 and Windows Media® Video (WMV) formats, the IT-300 boasts a host of functions that are useful for work in retail environments and medical institutions, including a semi-conductor laser scanner, Bluetooth® Version 2.0 (Class 2), and remote desktop tools which enable secure access to business application software on personal computers. Furthermore, the IT-300 meets IP54 dust/splash-proof standards, and is durable enough to withstand a shock when dropped from a height of 1.5 metres.
Main Features of the IT-300
- Compact enough to fit into a shirt pocket and be taken anywhere, at just 76 x 155 x 19.6 mm
- 9.4 cm (3.7 inch), VGA (480 x 640 dots) Blanview® LCD is an capacitive touch panel
- Equipped with IEEE 802.11b/g standard wireless LAN compatible with WPA2 security standards
- Web browser and document viewer which allows one-touch control
- Supports e-mail transmission and video playback of MPEG-4 and WMV files
- Semi-conductor laser scanner can scan symbologies that are useful for various applications, such as determining inventory levels in stockrooms and verifying data to ensure proper medical treatment
- Fitted with Bluetooth® Version 2.0 (Class 2) to enable connection to mobile printers and other devices
- Includes remote desktop tools that enable secure access to business applications software on personal computers
- Meets IP54 dust/splash-proof standards and is durable enough to withstand a 1.5m drop IT-300 Specifications